The University of Windsor's Odette School of Business invites applications for a Tenure-Track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, the area of Operations and Supply Chain Management, commencing July 1, 2023. This position is subject to final budgetary approval.
The Odette School of Business takes a balanced approach to research and teaching. The School offers the following degrees: B.Comm. (Honours Business Administration) Co-operative Education, B.Comm. (Honours Business Administration), B.Comm. (Honours Business Administration and Computer Science) Co-operative Education, B.Comm. (Honours Business Administration and Economics), B.Comm. (Honours Business Administration and Computer Science), among others. It also offers multiple MBA programs, an integrated MBA/JD, and a Master of Management. There are approximately 1,200 undergraduate students, and 400 Masters-level students. The School has recently completed an expansion strategy with approximately 65 full-time faculty positions currently. The Entrepreneurship Practice and Innovation Centre (EPICentre) at the University of Windsor is a campus-wide initiative created to encourage entrepreneurship on campus, and to support students and graduates interested in launching their own businesses. The school has been AACSB accredited since 2015 and has strong contacts with the business community and other academic institutions. For further details about the Odette School of Business visit our website at http://www.uwindsor/business
The preferred candidate for this appointment will hold, or be within one year of completion, a Ph.D., in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or a strongly related field. Candidates must have demonstrated the potential to excel in teaching and superior research capability and potential, as well as a demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate students.
- a letter of application, including a statement confirming eligibility to work in Canada;
- a detailed and current curriculum vitae;
- a one page statement of commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Decolonization (up to 1 page);
- a two (2) page outline of research interests and accomplishments;
- samples of scholarly writing, including (if applicable) clear indications of your contribution to any jointly authored pieces;
- a teaching dossier or teaching portfolio demonstrating a potential for or evidence of teaching effectiveness and excellence that will include sample course syllabi/outlines, teaching evaluations, and a statement of teaching philosophy and interests (resources and templates for completing a teaching dossier can be found at https://www.uwindsor.ca/ctl/502/teaching-dossiers;
- graduate transcripts; and
- three (3) current letters of reference forwarded directly by the referees to the Dean, at the address or email listed below.
To ensure full consideration, complete an online application
) found on the job advertisement by November 28, 2022.
The short-listed candidates may be invited to provide further information in support of their applications. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Applications may be considered after the deadline date; however, acceptance of late submissions is at the discretion of the appointments committee.
Questions and Reference Letters to be sent to:
Dr. Mitchell W. Fields, Dean, Odette School of Business,
University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Avenue,
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9B 3P4
Phone: 519-253-3000 Ext. 3091; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Windsor is situated on the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations: the Ojibwa, the Odawa, and the Potawatomie. The University is a comprehensive research and teaching institution with more than 16,000 students. We are a welcoming community committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
in our teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University's Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (women, Indigenous/Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) persons, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify. If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Faculty Recruitment Coordinator (email@example.com
). Should you require further information on accommodation, please visit the website of the Office of Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility (http://www.uwindsor.ca/ohrea
). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.