The English Foundation Program at AIU Kuwait invites applications for full-time, ESL/EFL faculty beginning August 2021. AIU welcomes faculty with a vision of excellence in instruction and a commitment to students’ academic success.
- Master’s degree in TESOL, TEFL, or Applied Linguistics preferred
- 2-3 years of prior teaching experience in an Intensive English program, preferably outside the U.S.
- Demonstrated experience using a range of teaching methods, instructional materials, and forms of assessment
- Experience teaching multi-level classes or EAP courses such as Business English or test preparation
- Prior ESL/EFL teaching experience at the college or university level
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Teach a maximum of 20 contact hours per week
- Hold a minimum of five office hours per week
- Prepare teaching materials and assess student performance for assigned courses
- Participate in department, campus, and cross-college meetings and committees
- Provide student guidance to develop academic habits for college success
- Submit student attendance and grade records
- Assist with pre- and post-semester language proficiency testing and scoring
- Assist with tasks related to student placement, advising, registration, orientation, curriculum development, and textbook selection
- Participate in professional development activities
- Perform other academic and administrative duties as assigned to provide a high-quality learning experience for students
Compensation and Benefits
AIU offers competitive salaries and benefits package that includes housing.
About American International University in Kuwait:
AIU Kuwait is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait with the first student cohort admitted in fall 2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the American model of higher education. Through its educational programs, the College serves the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU’s offers degree programs in Engineering, Architecture and Design, and Business Administration where the language of instruction is English. The English Foundation Program prepares students for academic success by offering courses on developing English (EFL) and math skills.
For more information about AIU visit: www.aiu.edu.kw
To submit your resume for this position, apply through our website at the link below: https://aiu.edu.kw/careers/jobs